Milk Chocolate and Cherry Cookies
cups frozen pitted dark sweet cherries (about 42)
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
cup milk chocolate pieces
cup sweetened condensed milk
teaspoons cherry liqueur or milk
- Thaw cherries; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in cocoa powder and as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press your thumb into the center of each ball. Place a cherry in each indentation.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan cook and stir chocolate pieces and sweetened condensed milk over low heat until chocolate is melted. Stir in cherry liqueur. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the frosting over each cherry.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts(Milk Chocolate and Cherry Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 103 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 13 mg chol.,
- 54 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet