Mexican Rigatoni and Cheese
Nonstick cooking spray
ounces dried rigatoni pasta (4 cups)
ounces uncooked chorizo sausage
cup chopped onion (1 medium)
teaspoon chili powder
teaspoon ground cumin
cups shredded asadero or Monterey Jack cheese (8 ounces)
15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Pico de Gallo
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Place pasta in a very large bowl; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook sausage, onion, and poblano pepper over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is tender and sausage is browned. Drain off fat. Add chorizo mixture to bowl with pasta.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour, chili powder, and cumin. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese; stir until cheese melts. Pour over pasta in bowl. Add black beans. Stir to combine. Spoon pasta mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through (160 degrees F). If desired, sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro. Top each serving with Pico de Gallo.
Nutrition Facts(Mexican Rigatoni and Cheese)
- Per serving:
- 554 kcal cal.,
- 28 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 11 g monounsatured fat),
- 72 mg chol.,
- 812 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet