Mexican Green Rice
- In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and salt; cook for about 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in broth and Spicy Salsa Verde; bring to boiling. Stir in uncooked rice; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove pan from heat. Remove lid. Cover pan with a clean kitchen towel; replace lid. Let stand for 5 minutes to let the towel absorb any excess moisture. Remove lid and towel. Add cilantro; fluff rice with a fork.
Spicy Salsa Verde
- In a food processor combine tomatillos, avocados, onion, cilantro, and chile pepper. Cover and pulse with several on/off turns until all ingredients are finely chopped. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- Stir in the water, lime juice, sugar, and salt. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Salsa keeps in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts(Mexican Green Rice)
- Per serving:
- 143 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 242 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet