Mexican Corn Cake
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart square baking dish with the 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- In a blender combine corn and sweetened condensed milk. Cover and blend until kernels are partially chopped but small pieces remain; set aside.
- In a bowl beat the 1/2 cup butter and the sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in corn mixture.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to corn mixture, beating until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool about 1 hour or to room temperature. Serve with ice cream. If desired, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Mexican Corn Cake)
- Per serving:
- 599 kcal cal.,
- 29 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat,
- 193 mg chol.,
- 490 mg sodium,
- 75 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Maria E Lopez 1051 Days Ago
Mexican corn cake delicious