Mexican Corn Cake
cups fresh sweet corn kernels or frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
eggs (room temperature)
teaspoons baking powder
cinnamon or vanilla ice cream
ground cinnamon (optional)
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart square baking dish with the 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- In a blender combine corn and sweetened condensed milk. Cover and blend until kernels are partially chopped but small pieces remain; set aside.
- In a bowl beat the 1/2 cup butter and the sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in corn mixture.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to corn mixture, beating until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and cool about 1 hour or to room temperature. Serve with ice cream. If desired, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Mexican Corn Cake)
- Per serving:
- 599 kcal cal.,
- 29 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat,
- 193 mg chol.,
- 490 mg sodium,
- 75 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet