Melty Cheese Puffs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface unfold one sheet of puff pastry. Roll into an 11-inch square. Using a 2 1/2-inch round cutter, cut circles from sheet. Repeat with the remaining sheet of puff pastry.
- Place half of the circles on prepared baking sheet. Spoon 2 teaspoons semisoft cheese into the center of each circle; brush edges of pastry circles on baking sheet with some of a lightly beaten egg.
- Top each circle with one of the remaining circles. Using the tines of a fork, seal edges of circles completely. Brush with the remaining lightly beaten egg. Bake about 20 minutes or until tops are golden. Serve warm. Makes 16.
- 210 cal., 3 g protein, 14 g carb., 16 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 14 mg chol., 0 g dietary fiber, 0% vit. A, 0% vit. C, 135 mg sodium, 0% calcium, 5% iron
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed, except do not brush with egg or bake. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. To serve, brush with egg and bake as directed.