- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 1 slice each
- Yields: 1 pizza
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 16 mins to 18 mins 400°
canned no salt added cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
10 ounce whole wheat thin-crust pizza shell
teaspoons olive oil
cup peeled and diced eggplant
cup finely chopped zucchini
cup chopped onion (1 medium)
cloves garlic, minced
cup chopped tomato (1 medium)
cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (2 ounces)
tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
teaspoon ground black pepper
cup shredded Italian blend cheeses (2 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl mash the beans with a fork or potato masher. Place pizza shell on a baking sheet. Spread the mashed beans evenly over shell; set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add eggplant, zucchini, onion, and garlic; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese.
- In a small screw-top jar combine the remaining 3 teaspoons olive oil, the lemon juice, oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well. Add to eggplant mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread eggplant mixture over pizza shell to within inch of edges. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until cheese begins to brown. Cut pizza into 6 slices.
Nutrition Facts (Mediterranean Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 282 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 10 mg chol.,
- 733 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet