Mediterranean Beef with Pasta
- In a large skillet cook meat, half at a time, in hot oil over medium-high heat until brown. Drain off fat. Transfer meat to a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Add carrots, sweet pepper, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Pour tomatoes and broth over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in zucchini and/or yellow squash. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Serve meat mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with Basil Gremolata.
- In a small bowl stir together cheese, basil, and garlic.
Nutrition Facts (Mediterranean Beef with Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 371 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 64 mg chol.,
- 403 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet