Warm Fajita Salad
Using minimal cooking oil to stir-fry the meat and vegetables means this easy meal is healthful and low in calories.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Yields: 4 main-dish servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
Warm Fajita Salad
cup lime juice
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
cloves garlic, minced
pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin, bite-size strips
teaspoon ground cumin
teaspoon ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
small onions, cut into thin wedges
small green, red, and/or yellow sweet peppers, cut into thin strips
tablespoon cooking oil
10 ounce package torn mixed greens (8 cups)
cherry tomatoes, quartered
Baked Tortilla strips (see recipe below), (optional)
Red or green salsa (optional)
- Combine lime juice, chicken broth, cilantro, garlic, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Sprinkle beef with cumin, salt, and black pepper; toss to coat. Coat an unheated large skillet with cooking spray. Add onions and sweet peppers. Stir-fry over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from skillet.
- Carefully add cooking oil to the skillet. Add beef strips; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until desired doneness. Push to side of the skillet.
- Stir lime juice mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir meat and vegetables into mixture in skillet; heat through.
- To serve, arrange greens and tomatoes on four dinner plates. Divide beef-vegetable mixture among plates. Top with Baked Tortilla Strips and serve with red or green salsa, if desired. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
Baked Tortilla Chips
teaspoon chili powder
- Cut tortillas into 1/8- to 1/4-inch-wide strips. Place strips on a baking sheet. Coat with nonstick cooking spray. Combine paprika and chili powder; sprinkle over tortilla strips. Bake in a 400 degree F oven 5 minutes. Toss; bake 3 to 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts (Warm Fajita Salad)
- 242 kcal cal.;
- 12 g Fat, total;
- 57 mg chol.;
- 4 g sat. fat;
- 13 g carb.;
- 3 g fiber;
- 22 g pro.;
- 235 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet