Veal Scaloppine with Marsala
- In a 12-inch skillet cook mushrooms and green onion in 2 teaspoons of the hot margarine or butter for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut veal into 2 serving-size pieces. Place one piece of veal or one chicken breast between 2 sheets of clear plastic wrap. Working from center to edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to about 1/8-inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining veal or chicken.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. In the same skillet cook veal or chicken in the remaining hot margarine or butter over medium-high heat about 1 minute on each side or until light brown. Transfer to warm dinner plates; keep warm.
- Add Marsala or sherry and chicken broth to drippings in skillet. Bring to boiling; boil gently, uncovered, about 1 minute, scraping up any browned bits. Return mushroom mixture to skillet; add parsley. Heat through.
- To serve, spoon the mushroom mixture over meat. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
- Double this recipe to serve 4, but cook the meat half at a time.
Nutrition Facts (Veal Scaloppine with Marsala)
- Per serving:
- 283 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 92 mg chol.,
- 384 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet