Terrific Teriyaki Burgers
The all-American hamburger takes an Asian turn when you add soy sauce, garlic, and ginger.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Grill: 15 mins
- Stir together the soft bread crumbs, onion, water, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and ground ginger in a large mixing bowl. Add the ground beef and mix well. Shape the meat mixture into six 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- For a charcoal grill, place patties on the grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 15 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the side of a patty registers 160 degreesF, turning once.
- For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on the grill rack; cover and grill as above.
- Serve burgers in buns topped, if desired, with sliced cucumbers and lettuce. Makes 6 servings.
When grilling, to test for medium heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the heat at the height the food will cook for 4 seconds before having to pull your hand away.
- 357 kcal cal.;
- 13 g Fat, total;
- 72 mg chol.;
- 5 g sat. fat;
- 32 g carb.;
- 2 g fiber;
- 25 g pro.;
- 4 mg iron;
- 496 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet