Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
large head cabbage
pound lean ground beef
cup finely chopped onion
tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
cup spaghetti sauce
teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Remove 12 outer leaves from cabbage. Remove any tough center veins from the 12 leaves. Cook half of the cabbage leaves in boiling water for 3 minutes to soften. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining leaves.
- Finely chop enough of the remaining cabbage to make 1/2 cup. Reserve remaining cabbage for another use.
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and the 1/2 cup chopped cabbage until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain well. Stir in raisins, bread crumbs, and 1/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce.
- Spoon a scant 1/4 cup of the meat mixture onto each cabbage leaf; fold in sides. Roll up leaf, forming a bundle. Arrange rolls in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together the remaining spaghetti sauce and cinnamon. Spoon over cabbage rolls.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Spoon sauce over rolls during baking and before serving. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Stuffed Cabbage Leaves)
- Per serving:
- 221 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- 53 mg chol.,
- 271 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet