- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 12 ounces flank steak or boneless sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 cups small romaine lettuce leaves
- 5 ounces jicama, peeled and cut into 2-inch sticks (1 cup)
- 1 medium mango, sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1. For cilantro oil, in a bowl combine cilantro, olive oil, garlic, and hot pepper sauce. Set aside.
2. Season steak with salt and pepper. Place in a self-sealing plastic bag set in a shallow bowl. Set aside.
3. Stir lime juice into cilantro oil. Pour half the juice mixture over meat. Seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Cover and chill remaining lime-cilantro mixture for dressing.
4. Drain meat. Discard marinade. Grill meat on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 14 minutes for medium doneness (160 degrees F), turning once. Remove from grill. Thinly slice across grain.
5. To serve, divide romaine leaves among 4 individual salad bowls. Top with steak slices, jicama, mango, and onion. In a bowl combine reserved lime-cilantro mixture and honey. Drizzle over salad. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 274,
- Fat, total (g) 13,
- chol. (mg) 34,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 20,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 21,
- vit. A (RE) 474,
- vit. C (mg) 48,
- sodium (mg) 131,
- calcium (mg) 50,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet