Spinach-Stuffed Flank Steak
- In a small bowl soak dried tomatoes in enough hot water to cover for 10 minutes. Drain. Snip into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, score meat by making shallow diagonal cuts at 1-inch intervals in a diamond pattern on both sides. Place meat between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Working from center to edges, pound with flat side of a meat mallet into 12x8-inch rectangle. Remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle meat with the salt and pepper.
- Spread the spinach over the steak. Sprinkle with the softened tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and basil. Roll the steak up from a short side. Secure with wooden toothpicks at 1-inch intervals, starting 1/2 inch from 1 end. Cut between the toothpicks into eight 1-inch-thick slices.
- Place slices, cut sides down, on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat to desired doneness, turning once. [Allow or 12 to 16 minutes for medium (160 degrees F).] Before serving, remove the toothpicks. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Spinach-Stuffed Flank Steak)
- Per serving:
- 213 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 47 mg chol.,
- 303 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 28 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet