- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 pound boneless beef round steak, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons Italian-style tomato paste
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 16 ounce package frozen pepper stir-fry vegetables (yellow, green, and red peppers and onion)
1. Trim fat from heat. Cut meat into 4 serving-size pieces; sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper. In a large skillet, brown meat on both sides in hot oil. Transfer to a 3-1/2- or 4-quart electric crockery cooker.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat in crockery cooker. Top with frozen vegetables. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. (Or, cover and cook on low-heat setting 10 to 12 hours). Serves 4.
- 3 vegetable, 3-1/2 lean meat.
- If you can't find Italian-style stewed tomatoes and tomato paste at your supermarket, buy regular tomato products and add 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 290,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 49,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 17,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 30,
- sodium (mg) 426,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet