pound bulk Italian sausage or ground turkey sausage
cups sliced fresh mushrooms
medium (1-1/4 pounds) potatoes (such as long white, round white, round red, or yellow), peeled and thinly sliced (4 cups)
cups ricotta cheese or cream-style cottage cheese, drained
cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
medium onion, chopped
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoons margarine or butter
teaspoon ground nutmeg
cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- In a 10-inch skillet cook sausage and mushrooms until meat is brown. Drain off fat.
- In a large saucepan cook sliced potatoes, covered, in boiling water for 5 minutes (they won't be thoroughly cooked). Drain; set aside.
- For filling, stir together egg, ricotta or cottage cheese, and Parmesan or Romano cheese. Stir in spinach.
- For sauce, in a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot margarine or butter until onion is tender but not brown. Stir in flour and nutmeg. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Layer half of the potatoes in a greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Top with half of the spinach filling. Top with half of the meat mixture, half of the sauce, and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, except reserve remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree F. oven about 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; sprinkle remaining cheese atop and bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Sausage-Potato Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 436 kcal cal.,
- 22 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 95 mg chol.,
- 616 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet