pound fully cooked smoked turkey sausage
cup chopped onion
cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
cup sliced fresh mushrooms
clove garlic, minced
teaspoon chili powder
teaspoon ground red pepper
14 1/2 ounce can tomatoes, cut up
cups cubed cooked pork
9 ounce package frozen cut okra
cup long grain rice
tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- Halve turkey sausage lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook sausage, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and garlic until onion is tender.
- Stir in chili powder, ground red pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in water, undrained tomatoes, pork, okra, uncooked rice, and bouillon granules. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Sausage Jambalaya)
- Per serving:
- 299 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- 45 mg chol.,
- 522 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet