- Halve turkey sausage lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook sausage, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and garlic until onion is tender.
- Stir in chili powder, ground red pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in water, undrained tomatoes, pork, okra, uncooked rice, and bouillon granules. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Sausage Jambalaya)
- Per serving:
- 299 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- 45 mg chol.,
- 522 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet