Red River Burgers
tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
pound lean ground beef
wheat hamburger buns, split, or eight 1-inch-thick slices of bread
Roasted red pepper catsup, roasted garlic catsup, or other purchased flavored catsup (optional)
tomato slices (optional)
- Combine green onion or white onion, bread crumbs, serrano peppers, chipotle peppers, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add beef; mix well. Shape meat mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- For a charcoal grill, place patties on the grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 14 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the side of a patty registers 160 degree F, turning once.
- For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on the grill rack; cover and grill as above.
- Grill or toast buns or bread. Serve burgers on grilled or toasted buns or bread topped, if desired, with flavored catsup, tomato slices, red onion slices, and serrano peppers. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Red River Burgers)
- Per serving:
- 352 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 71 mg chol.,
- 756 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet