- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion or finely chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 red serrano peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 wheat hamburger buns, split, or eight 1-inch-thick slices of bread
- Roasted red pepper catsup, roasted garlic catsup, or other purchased flavored catsup (optional)
- 4 tomato slices (optional)
- Sliced red onion (optional)
- Red serrano peppers (optional)
1. Combine green onion or white onion, bread crumbs, serrano peppers, chipotle peppers, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add beef; mix well. Shape meat mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
2. For a charcoal grill, place patties on the grill rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 14 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the side of a patty registers 160 degree F, turning once.
3. For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on the grill rack; cover and grill as above.
4. Grill or toast buns or bread. Serve burgers on grilled or toasted buns or bread topped, if desired, with flavored catsup, tomato slices, red onion slices, and serrano peppers. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 352,
- Fat, total (g) 13,
- chol. (mg) 71,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 32,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 25,
- vit. A (RE) 185,
- vit. C (mg) 12,
- sodium (mg) 756,
- iron (mg) 4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet