Pork and Broccoli Stir-Fry
pound lean boneless pork
cup reduced -sodium chicken broth
tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
tablespoons dry sherry or water
teaspoon crushed red pepper
Nonstick spray coating
medium onion, sliced
10 ounce package frozen cut broccoli, thawed and well drained
clove garlic, minced
teaspoon grated fresh ginger
teaspoons cooking oil
cup sliced water chestnuts
cups hot cooked white or brown rice
- Partially freeze meat. Thinly slice across the grain into bite-size strips.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, stir together chicken broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, dry sherry, and red pepper. Set aside.
- Spray a wok or large skillet with nonstick spray coating. Add onion, broccoli, garlic, and ginger and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetable mixture from wok.
- Add oil to hot wok. Add pork and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until done. Push pork from center of wok.
- Stir sauce and add to the center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return vegetables to wok. Add water chestnuts and stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Makes 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Pork and Broccoli Stir-Fry)
- Per serving:
- 284 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 49 mg chol.,
- 603 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet