- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 pound lean boneless pork
- 3/4 cup reduced -sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or water
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Nonstick spray coating
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 10 ounce package frozen cut broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 - 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
1. Partially freeze meat. Thinly slice across the grain into bite-size strips.
2. Meanwhile, for sauce, stir together chicken broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, dry sherry, and red pepper. Set aside.
3. Spray a wok or large skillet with nonstick spray coating. Add onion, broccoli, garlic, and ginger and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetable mixture from wok.
4. Add oil to hot wok. Add pork and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until done. Push pork from center of wok.
5. Stir sauce and add to the center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
6. Return vegetables to wok. Add water chestnuts and stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Makes 3 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 3,
- cal. (kcal) 284,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- chol. (mg) 49,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 35,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 23,
- vit. A (IU) 1846,
- vit. C (mg) 48,
- sodium (mg) 603,
- calcium (mg) 81,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Vegetables () 2,
- Starch () 2,
- Very Lean Meat () 2,
- Fat () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet