Peppery Beef and Vegetables
tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
teaspoon ground black pepper
teaspoon ground red pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
cup fresh or frozen pea pods, halved crosswise
cup chopped green or red sweet pepper
clove garlic, minced
cup sliced fresh mushrooms
tablespoon cooking oil
pound lean boneless beef, cut into thin bite-size strips
- Cook spaghettini according to package directions. Drain well and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small bowl stir together water, soy sauce, cornstarch, black pepper, and red pepper. Set aside.
- Spray a cold wok or large skillet with nonstick spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add pea pods, green or red sweet pepper and garlic, stir-fry 1 minute. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes more or until vegetables are tender. Remove vegetables from wok.
- Add oil to wok. Stir-fry beef in hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes or until done. Push beef to sides of wok. Stir sauce and pour into the center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return vegetables to wok; cook and stir all ingredients 1 minute. Toss with spaghettini. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Peppery Beef and Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 304 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 34 mg chol.,
- 482 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet