Peppered Beef Brisket Marsala
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F. Trim excess fat from brisket; sprinkle meat with pepper and salt. Place flour in a large oven-cooking bag and shake. Add brisket. Set the bag in a large roasting pan.
- Add carrots, celery, onions, tomatoes, Marsala, Italian seasoning, and bay leaves to bag with brisket. Seal bag. Cut slits in top of bag.
- Roast for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until tender. Remove bay leaves. Slice meat across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Skim fat from pan juices. Serve skimmed juices with meat.
- Makes 12 main-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Cool meat in bag; cover and chill overnight. To reheat, remove meat from bag; thinly slice. Place slices in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Skim fat from juices; pour over meat. Cover; heat in a 300 degree F oven for 50 minutes or until just heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Peppered Beef Brisket Marsala)
- Per serving:
- 324 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 122 mg chol.,
- 236 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 40 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet