- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 2 pound beef chuck pot roast
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 7 - 8 ounce package mixed dried fruit
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 5 1/2 ounce can apple juice
1. Trim fat from meat. In a Dutch oven, brown meat on all sides in hot oil. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. Cut up any large pieces of dried fruit.
2. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart electric crockery cooker, place fruit and onion. Add browned meat. Sprinkle with allspice, add apple juice. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender. (Or, cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or until meat is tender.) Makes 6 servings.
- 1-1/2 fruit, 4 medium fat meat, 1 fat.
- Don't confuse the fruits in this recipe with dried fruit bits. Look for the packaged mixture of regular-size dried fruits.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 452,
- Fat, total (g) 26,
- chol. (mg) 98,
- sat. fat (g) 9,
- carb. (g) 27,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 29,
- sodium (mg) 194,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet