- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3/4 pound lean boneless pork
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups thinly bias-sliced carrots (3 medium)
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch squares (1 cup)
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch squares (1 cup)
- 3 green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 8 ounce can pineapple chunks (juice-pack), drained
1. Cook rice according to the package directions, except omit the margarine or butter and the salt. Keep rice warm while preparing the pork and vegetables.
2. Trim fat from pork. Cut the pork into 3/4-inch cubes; set aside. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish. In a medium mixing bowl stir together the melted margarine and half of the minced garlic. Add the pork and toss to coat. Roll pork cubes in bread crumbs to coat evenly.
3. Arrange the pork in an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until pork is tender and juices run clear. (It's not necessary to turn pork during baking.) Cover and keep pork warm while preparing the sauce and vegetables.
4. For sauce, in a small mixing bowl stir together the chicken broth, sugar, red wine vinegar, cornstarch, and soy sauce. Set mixture aside.
5. Coat a cold wok or large skillet with nonstick spray. Preheat the wok or skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining minced garlic to the wok or skillet and stir-fry for 15 seconds. Add the sliced carrots; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Add the green and red sweet peppers and green onions; stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. (If necessary, add a small amount of water during cooking to prevent sticking.)
6. Remove the cooked vegetables from the wok or skillet. Stir the sauce mixture, then add to the wok. Cook and stir the sauce until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in the cooked vegetables and the pineapple chunks. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until vegetables are heated through.
7. To serve, spoon hot cooked rice onto 4 dinner plates. Top rice with pork; spoon vegetable mixture over pork. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 447,
- Fat, total (g) 13,
- chol. (mg) 38,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 65,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 19,
- vit. A (RE) 2091,
- vit. C (mg) 27,
- sodium (mg) 502,
- calcium (mg) 81,
- iron (mg) 5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet