- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 5 pounds whole leg of lamb (bone in)
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried mint, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coarse-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- Cooked herbed new potatoes (optional)
- Steamed baby carrots (optional)
- Steamed asparagus (optional)
1. Trim excess fat from meat. Cut 1/2-inch-wide slits into lamb leg in 16 different places. Cut garlic cloves in half lengthwise and insert each half-clove deep into each slit.
2. Combine dried mint, pepper, and salt; rub mixture over entire surface of lamb leg. Drizzle honey over lamb leg and rub to coat. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover lamb loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 2 hours.
3. Remove plastic wrap. Insert a meat thermometer into thickest part of meat without touching bone. Roast, uncovered, in a 325 degree F oven for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 140 degrees F for medium-rare doneness or 155 degrees F for medium doneness. Remove from oven.
4. Cover meat loosely with foil and let stand for 15 minutes. Garnish with mint sprigs and serve with cooked herbed new potatoes, steamed baby carrots, and steamed asparagus, if desired. Makes about 10 to 12 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 198,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 80,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 6,
- pro. (g) 26,
- vit. C (mg) 3,
- sodium (mg) 169,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet