This low-fat lasagna recipe trims both fat and calories by calling for reduced-fat cheeses and using a minimum amount of lean ground beef.
- In a saucepan cook beef, onion, and garlic until meat is brown. Drain off fat. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, fennel seed, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- For filling, combine cottage cheese, 1 cup of the mozarella cheese, the Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, and pepper.
- Layer one-third of the cooked noodles in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish, trimming ends to fit. Spread with half of the filling. Top with one-third of sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Makes 8 servings.
- 1-1/2 Starch, 2 Lean Meat, 1 Vegetable
Nutrition Facts (Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 281 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 60 mg chol.,
- 491 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet