- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 12 lamb rib or loin chops, cut 1 inch thick (about 3 pounds total)
- 2 - 3 teaspoons dried whole mixed peppercorns
- 5 tablespoons coarse-grain brown mustard
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
1. Trim fat from meat. Cut a pocket in the side of each lamb rib or loin chop; set aside.
2. Crush peppercorns with a mortar and pestle. (Or, place in a plastic bag; seal and crush peppercorns with the flat side of a meat mallet.) In a small bowl combine crushed peppercorns, mustard, rosemary, and garlic. Spread about 1/2 teaspoon of the mixture in the pocket of each chop. Reserve remaining mustard mixture.
3. Place lamb chops on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, stir bread crumbs into remaining mustard mixture. Turn chops. Broil 2 minutes more. Spread some of the crumb mixture evenly over each chop. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes more for medium (160 degrees F) doneness. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 291,
- Fat, total (g) 14,
- chol. (mg) 112,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 3,
- fiber (g) 0,
- pro. (g) 35,
- vit. A (RE) 0,
- vit. C (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 298,
- calcium (mg) 50,
- iron (mg) 4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet