- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup orzo, tripolini, tiny tube macaroni, or tiny star macaroni
- 1 cup frozen mixed peas and carrots
- 8 ounces fully cooked boneless ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie creamy cucumber salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into half rings
- Lettuce leaves
1. In a medium saucepan bring a large amount of water to boiling. Add pasta and frozen mixed peas and carrots. Return to boiling, then reduce heat slightly. Boil, uncovered, for 5 to 8 minutes or until pasta and carrots are tender. Immediately drain mixture in a colander, then rinse with cold water and drain again.
2. In a medium mixing bowl stir together pasta, peas and carrots, ham, and green onions. In a small mixing bowl stir together yogurt, cucumber dressing, and dillweed. Pour yogurt mixture over pasta and vegetable mixture. Toss until well coated. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
3. To serve, arrange the tomato slices and green pepper on 4 lettuce-lined salad plates. Stir the pasta mixture and divide mixture among plates. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 175,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 38,
- carb. (g) 16,
- pro. (g) 17,
- sodium (mg) 800,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet