Ham and Macaroni Salad
cup packaged dried wagon wheel or elbow macaroni
cups cubed fully cooked ham (8 ounces)
ounces Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, cut into cubes (1 cup)
cup frozen peas
stalk celery, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
cup finely chopped onion
tablespoons diced pimiento
cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
cup sweet pickle relish or chopped sweet pickle
tablespoons milk (optional)
cherry tomatoes, halved
Fresh parsley sprig (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- In a large mixing bowl combine pasta, ham, cheese, peas, celery, onion, and pimiento. Toss gently to mix.
- For dressing, in a small mixing bowl stir together mayonnaise or salad dressing, pickle relish or chopped pickle, milk, and pepper. Pour dressing over pasta mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in milk, if necessary. Spoon pasta mixture into a serving bowl.
- Arrange cherry tomato halves around the edge of bowl. If desired, garnish with parsley. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts(Ham and Macaroni Salad)
- Per serving:
- 534 kcal cal.,
- 34 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 71 mg chol.,
- 1175 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet