- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup packaged dried wagon wheel or elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (8 ounces)
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, cut into cubes (1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish or chopped sweet pickle
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk (optional)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh parsley sprig (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine pasta, ham, cheese, peas, celery, onion, and pimiento. Toss gently to mix.
3. For dressing, in a small mixing bowl stir together mayonnaise or salad dressing, pickle relish or chopped pickle, milk, and pepper. Pour dressing over pasta mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
4. Just before serving, stir in milk, if necessary. Spoon pasta mixture into a serving bowl.
5. Arrange cherry tomato halves around the edge of bowl. If desired, garnish with parsley. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 534,
- Fat, total (g) 34,
- chol. (mg) 71,
- sat. fat (g) 10,
- carb. (g) 32,
- pro. (g) 25,
- sodium (mg) 1175,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet