- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 2 1/2 - 3 pound pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 6 - 8 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
1. Trim any excess fat from roast. If necessary, cut roast to fit into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker. Place meat in cooker.
2. For sauce, in a small bowl combine apple juice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and five-spice powder. Pour over roast.
3. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
4. Remove roast from cooker. Remove meat from bone; discard bone and fat. Using two forks, shred meat. Skim fat from cooking juices. Divide juices among 6 to 8 bowls. Serve meat on toasted rolls with shredded cabbage. Serve with juices. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 444,
- Fat, total (g) 18,
- chol. (mg) 101,
- sat. fat (g) 6,
- carb. (g) 37,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 33,
- vit. A (RE) 31,
- vit. C (mg) 6,
- sodium (mg) 851,
- calcium (mg) 81,
- iron (mg) 4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet