Easy Beef Pot Pie
- Let piecrust stand at room temperature while preparing ground beef mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until brown. Drain well. Stir in potatoes, mixed vegetables, tomato sauce, and stewed tomatoes. Bring to boiling, then remove from heat. Meanwhile, unfold piecrust; cut into eight wedges.
- Spoon ground beef mixture into a 3-quart rectangular baking dish, spreading evenly. Place half of the pastry wedges along one long side of the dish, with points toward center, overlapping wedges slightly at the base. Repeat with the remaining pastry wedges on opposite side. Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
2 starch, 1/2 vegetable, 1-1/2 lean meat, 2 fat.
Nutrition Facts (Easy Beef Pot Pie)
- Per serving:
- 342 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 59 mg chol.,
- 669 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet