- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound total)
- Papaya, mango, or carambola (star fruit) slices (optional)
- Cooked brown rice
1. For marinade, stir together brown mustard, wine, curry powder, oil, red pepper, green onion, and garlic.
2. Place pork in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over pork in bag; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
3. Drain pork, reserving marinade. In a covered grill arrange preheated coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Place pork chops on the grill rack over the drip pan but not over the coals. Cover and grill for 30 to 35 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once and brushing with marinade halfway through grilling time. Discard any remaining marinade.
4. To serve, place pork on 4 individual serving plates. If desired, serve with fruit and cooked brown rice Makes 4 servings.
- Up to 1 day before, prepare marinade. Marinate pork chops.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 191,
- Fat, total (g) 12,
- chol. (mg) 51,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 2,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 18,
- sodium (mg) 343,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet