Broiled Chops with Italian Vegetables
tablespoon dry white wine or orange juice
clove garlic, minced
pork loin chops, cut 1/2 inch thick (1-1/4 pounds total)
Nonstick cooking coating
small green or sweet red pepper, cut into strips
small onion, sliced
teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a small bowl combine wine, garlic, and pepper; set aside.
- Trim separable fat from pork chops. Place on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil chops 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 6 minutes. Brush with wine mixture. Turn and broil 6 minutes more or until juices run clear. Brush with remaining wine mixture.
- Meanwhile, spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add zucchini or yellow squash, green pepper, onion, basil, oregano, and salt. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in tomato halves; reduce heat. Cover and cook 1 minute more. Serve vegetables with pork chops. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Broiled Chops with Italian Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 248 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- 80 mg chol.,
- 129 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet