- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 12 jumbo shell macaroni
- 12 ounces ground beef, pork, or lamb
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 15 ounce container refrigerated marinara sauce or plum tomato sauce with basil or one 15-1/2-ounce jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- Finely shredded or grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
2. In a large skillet cook ground meat, onion, green pepper, and garlic until meat is brown. Drain fat.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, cinnamon, allspice, and pepper. Add the meat mixture and 1/4 cup of the sauce; mix well. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture into each macaroni shell. Arrange the filled shells in a 2-quart square baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the filled shells. Cover the dish with foil.
4. Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. For each serving, arrange 3 of the shells on individual plates. Spoon some of the sauce over the shells. If desired, sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 325,
- Fat, total (g) 12,
- chol. (mg) 107,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 30,
- pro. (g) 23,
- sodium (mg) 445,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet