- Makes: 4 servings
- Yields: 4 (main-dish) servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Bake: 25 mins to 30 mins 375°F
Beef-Stuffed Pasta Shells
jumbo shell macaroni
ounces ground beef, pork, or lamb
medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
cup chopped green sweet pepper
clove garlic, minced
cup fine dry bread crumbs
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground allspice
15 ounce container refrigerated marinara sauce or plum tomato sauce with basil or one 15-1/2-ounce jar meatless spaghetti sauce
Finely shredded or grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- In a large skillet cook ground meat, onion, green pepper, and garlic until meat is brown. Drain fat.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, cinnamon, allspice, and pepper. Add the meat mixture and 1/4 cup of the sauce; mix well. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture into each macaroni shell. Arrange the filled shells in a 2-quart square baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the filled shells. Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. For each serving, arrange 3 of the shells on individual plates. Spoon some of the sauce over the shells. If desired, sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Beef-Stuffed Pasta Shells)
- Per serving:
- 325 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 107 mg chol.,
- 445 mg sodium,
- 30 g carb.,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet