- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 stalk lemongrass, trimmed and coarsely chopped, or 1/8 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 2 - 4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
1. Trim fat from meat. Place meat in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
2. For marinade, in a blender container or food processor bowl combine coconut milk, lemongrass or lemon peel, lime juice, fish sauce or soy sauce, red curry paste, and sugar; cover and blend or process until smooth. Pour marinade over meat. Close bag; refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain steaks, reserving marinade.
3. Grill steaks on the grill rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals for 12 to 15 minutes or to desired doneness (160 degrees F for medium doneness), turning once and brushing once with reserved marinade halfway through. Discard any remaining marinade. Remove steak from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Makes 10 servings.
- Up to 24 hours ahead, prepare marinade. Marinate steak as directed.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 233,
- Fat, total (g) 12,
- chol. (mg) 77,
- sat. fat (g) 6,
- carb. (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 26,
- vit. A (RE) 31,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 210,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet