Beef Lo Mein
Thanks to ready-made stir-fry sauce and your slow cooker, this classic Asian recipe has never been easier to prepare.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 7 hrs to 9 hrs (low) or 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours (high), plus 30 minutes on high
Beef Lo Mein
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. In a large skillet, brown meat, half at a time, in hot oil. Drain off fat. Set aside.
- Place onion in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Add meat, water chestnuts, and mushrooms. In a small bowl, stir together stir-fry sauce and tapioca. Pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in frozen vegetables. Cover and cook for 30 to 40 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in cashews. Meanwhile, cook lo mein noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve meat mixture over lo mein noodles. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
For Easy Cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Beef Lo Mein)
- Per serving:
- 447 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 95 mg chol.,
- 995 mg sodium,
- 52 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet