Beef Lo Mein
Thanks to ready-made stir-fry sauce and your slow cooker, this classic Asian recipe has never been easier to prepare.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 7 hrs to 9 hrs (low) or 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours (high), plus 30 minutes on high
Beef Lo Mein
pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
tablespoon cooking oil
large onion, sliced
8 ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
4 1/2 ounce jar (drained weight) whole mushrooms, drained
12 ounce jar stir-fry sauce
tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
16 ounce package loose-pack frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
ounces dried lo mein noodles
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. In a large skillet, brown meat, half at a time, in hot oil. Drain off fat. Set aside.
- Place onion in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Add meat, water chestnuts, and mushrooms. In a small bowl, stir together stir-fry sauce and tapioca. Pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in frozen vegetables. Cover and cook for 30 to 40 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in cashews. Meanwhile, cook lo mein noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve meat mixture over lo mein noodles. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Beef Lo Mein)
- Per serving:
- 447 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 95 mg chol.,
- 995 mg sodium,
- 52 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesAsian Recipes, Beef Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Italian Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Salad Dressing Recipes, Slow Cooker Beef Recipes, Slow Cooker Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes