- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 8 ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 4 1/2 ounce jar (drained weight) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 12 ounce jar stir-fry sauce
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 16 ounce package loose-pack frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 12 ounces dried lo mein noodles
1. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. In a large skillet, brown meat, half at a time, in hot oil. Drain off fat. Set aside.
2. Place onion in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Add meat, water chestnuts, and mushrooms. In a small bowl, stir together stir-fry sauce and tapioca. Pour over mixture in cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
4. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in frozen vegetables. Cover and cook for 30 to 40 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in cashews. Meanwhile, cook lo mein noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve meat mixture over lo mein noodles. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 447,
- Fat, total (g) 11,
- chol. (mg) 95,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 52,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 35,
- sodium (mg) 995,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet