Bavarian Pork Roast
- Trim fat from roast. If necessary, cut roast to fit into a 3-1/2- to 6-quart crockery cooker. Combine caraway seed, marjoram, salt, and pepper. Rub all over roast.
- In a large skillet, brown pork roast on all sides in hot oil. Drain off fat. Place meat in crockery cooker. Add the water to skillet; bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, stirring to loosen brown bits in bottom of skillet. Pour skillet juices and vinegar into crockery cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Remove meat from cooker; keep warm.
- For gravy, skim fat from juices; measure 1-1/4 cups juices (add water, if necessary). Pour juices into a saucepan; bring to boiling. Combine sour cream or yogurt and cornstarch. Stir into juices. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Slice meat and serve with gravy. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Bavarian Pork Roast)
- Per serving:
- 262 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 73 mg chol.,
- 365 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Joy Clausen 247 Days Ago
I want to know the same thing. How much sour cream??
Sherry Barker 873 Days Ago
Never use vinegar with meat, use wine instead !!!
Lorna Schinske 980 Days Ago
How much sour cream? "1 ounce carton dairy sour cream or plain yogurt" Do I use one ounce or is there a typo. Should this be one 16 oz or one 32 oz carton?