- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 cups water
- 2 3 ounces packages ramen noodles
- 2 teaspoons chili oil or cooking oil*
- 12 ounces beef flank steak or beef top round steak, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh mint or cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
1. In a large saucepan bring water to boiling. If desired, break up noodles; drop noodles into the boiling water. (Do not use the flavor packets.) Return to boiling; boil for 2 to 3 minutes or just until noodles are tender but firm, stirring occasionally. Drain noodles.
2. Pour oil into a wok or large skillet. Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry beef, ginger, and garlic in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until done. Push beef from the center of the wok. Add beef broth and soy sauce. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and stir meat into broth mixture. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through.
3. Add noodles, spinach, carrots, and mint to mixture in wok; toss to combine. Ladle mixture into soup bowls. If desired, sprinkle with peanuts. Makes 4 servings.
- If using cooking oil, stir 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper into oil.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 211,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 47,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 11,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 20,
- vit. A (RE) 1041,
- vit. C (mg) 14,
- sodium (mg) 690,
- calcium (mg) 40,
- iron (mg) 5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet