All-American Burger with Red Pepper Relish
- For relish, combine red sweet pepper strips, ripe olives, olive oil, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processor bowl. Cover and process with several on-off turns until coarsely chopped. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Combine onion, bread crumbs, catsup, horseradish, mustard, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape the meat mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Grill patties on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 14 to 18 minutes or until internal temperature of burgers reaches at least 160 degrees F with an instant-read thermometer, turning once halfway through cooking. Top each patty with a cheese slice the last 2 minutes of grilling.
- Serve each burger on a toasted whole wheat bun with fresh basil leaves and 1 tablespoon red sweet pepper relish. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (All-American Burger with Red Pepper Relish)
- Per serving:
- 479 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 91 mg chol.,
- 757 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 33 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet