Meat Loaf Dinner with Winter Veggies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place ground beef in a large bowl; set aside. In a small nonstick skillet heat the 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add carrot, sweet pepper, and onion; cook until tender. Cool carrot mixture slightly. Add to bowl with beef. Add oats, walnuts, egg, egg white, salt, mustard, and black pepper; mix well. Pat meat mixture into an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 160 degrees F. Remove from oven and let meat loaf stand for 5 minutes. Using two spatulas, transfer loaf to a serving platter. Top with Gremolata.
- Meanwhile, for vegetables, in large bowl toss Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes with the 1 tablespoon oil to coat. Place vegetables in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake vegetables with the meat loaf for the last 30 to 40 minutes of baking time or until vegetables are tender. Increase oven temperature to broil.
- Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet. Broil 6 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese. Broil about 1 minute more or until cheese is melted.
- For relish, gently toss together sliced apples, chopped cranberries, and chopped orange. Drizzle with honey.
- In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley; 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel; and 2 cloves garlic, minced.
Nutrition Facts (Meat Loaf Dinner with Winter Veggies)
- Per serving:
- 524 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 105 mg chol.,
- 754 mg sodium,
- 58 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 21 g sugar,
- 35 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet