Mashed Potatoes with Savory Thyme Granola
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 20 mins 300°F
- For granola, preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together oats, rice cereal, pumpkin seeds, cheese, thyme, kosher salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. In a small bowl combine egg white, oil, and Worcestershire sauce. Drizzle egg white mixture over oat mixture; toss gently to coat. Spread mixture in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a TK-size Dutch oven cook potatoes, covered, in enough boiling lightly salted water to cover for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain. Return potatoes to Dutch oven.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher or an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Add butter; gradually beat in whipping cream to make mashed potatoes light and fluffy. Season to taste with salt and additional pepper. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons of the granola.
Prepare granola as directed. Transfer to an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Prefer another potato? Try red-skin, russet, or even sweet potatoes. Like rosemary? Swap out the thyme for an equal amount of fresh rosemary. Have extra celery root? Use half potatoes and half celery root in the mash.
- Per serving:
- 317 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 14 mg chol.,
- 447 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet