- Makes: 10 servings
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 25 mins to 35 mins
- Stand: 20 mins
Mashed Potato Veggie Strata
Nonstick cooking spray
pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut up
cup bottled roasted red sweet peppers
ounce carton sour cream
tablespoon purchased basil pesto
medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
medium red sweet pepper, chopped
medium yellow sweet pepper, chopped
medium green sweet pepper, chopped
medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
tablespoon olive oil
ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a large saucepan cook potatoes in enough lightly salted water to cover for 20 to 25 minutes, until tender. Drain potatoes. Return to saucepan, mash with potato masher, ricer, or mixer. Evenly spread potatoes in prepared baking dish.
- In a blender or small food processor, blend or process roasted sweet peppers until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Whisk in sour cream, pesto, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth. Spread sweet pepper mixture on potatoes.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook zucchini, summer squash, sweet peppers, and onion in hot oil over medium-high heat until crisp-tender. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spoon vegetables on the roasted pepper layer. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes, until heated through. Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Mashed Potato Veggie Strata)
- Per serving:
- 269 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 36 mg chol.,
- 598 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesCasseroles, Chocolate Desserts, Christmas Recipes, Cocktail Recipes, Coleslaw Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Easter Recipes, Fourth of July Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Potato Casseroles, Potato Recipes, Potato Salad Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes