Upload your photo here.
Mascarpone-Stuffed French Toast with Salted Caramel-Banana Sauce
- Arrange half of the bread slices in a single layer in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. In a small bowl combine cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Spread cheese mixture evenly over bread in baking dish. Top with the remaining bread slices to make six stacks.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and salt. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread stacks, covering all of the tops.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Arrange bread stacks in the prepared pan. Bake about 1 hour or until golden, turning stacks every 15 minutes. Serve warm with Salted Caramel-Banana Sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. To serve, thaw casserole in refrigerator for 48 hours, if frozen. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Arrange bread stacks in the prepared pan. Bake about 1 hour or until golden, turning stacks every 15 minutes. Serve warm with Salted Caramel-Banana Sauce.
Salted Caramel-Banana Sauce
- In a heavy medium saucepan stir together brown sugar, whipping cream, butter, and light-color corn syrup. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat, whisking occasionally; reduce heat to medium. Boil gently for 3 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and sea salt. Pour into a small bowl. Cool to room temperature. If desired, cover and chill for up to 24 hours. (If chilled, let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.) Stir in banana, thinly sliced.
Nutrition Facts (Mascarpone-Stuffed French Toast with Salted Caramel-Banana Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 965 kcal cal.,
- 61 g fat
- (30 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 18 g monounsatured fat),
- 355 mg chol.,
- 1107 mg sodium,
- 90 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 49 g sugar,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet