- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
1. Prepare rubs as directed below. Store rub at room temperature for up to 1 month.To Use::
2. Rub about 1 tablespoon rub over 1 pound meat or poultry. Grill, broil, or roast as desired.
- In a bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon ground ancho or pasilla chile pepper, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1-1/2 teaspoons packed brown sugar or brown sugar substitute* equivalent to 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Transfer to the small tin; cover. Attach instructions for using the rubs to the tin (below).
- In a bowl, combine 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, 2 teaspoons dried thyme, 2 teaspoons dried minced onion, 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Transfer to the middle-size tin; cover. Makes about 1/3 cup.
- In a bowl, stir together 1/4 cup paprika, 1 tablespoon ground cumin, 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar or brown sugar substitute* equivalent to 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 tablespoon ground black pepper, 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves. Transfer to the large tin; cover. Makes 2/3 cup.