Margarita Fajitas with Lime Salsa
- For salsa, in a medium bowl stir together beans, pineapple, red onion, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, chipotle pepper, the 4 teaspoons lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken in a resealable plastic bag set in a large bowl; set aside. In a small bowl stir together tequila, 1/4 cup lime juice, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Pour over chicken in bag. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning bag occasionally. Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in heavy foil; set aside.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. For a charcoal grill, grill chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and no longer pink (170 degrees F). During the last 5 minutes of cooking, place foil-wrapped tortillas next to the chicken on the grill rack; grill until heated through, turning once. Remove chicken to a cutting board. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chicken, then tortillas on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch slices. Divide chicken among tortillas. Top with salsa; roll up. Serve warm with lime wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
Fresh chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, so avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with fresh chile peppers, wear disposable plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chiles, wash your hands and nails thoroughly with soap and hot water. If you get chile oil in your eyes, flush them with cool water.
Nutrition Facts(Margarita Fajitas with Lime Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 489 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 82 mg chol.,
- 835 mg sodium,
- 61 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 46 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet