- Makes: 12 servings
- Yields: About 60 cookies
- Prep: 40 mins
- Bake: 8 mins 375°F per batch
Margarine Chocolate Chip Cookies
cup 80% fat margarine (100 calories per tablespoon)
cup packed brown sugar
cup granulated sugar
teaspoon baking soda
12 ounce package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate pieces or miniature candy-coated semisweet chocolate pieces
cups chopped walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts (filberts), toasted if desired (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl beat margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt. Beat until mixture is combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in chocolate pieces and, if desired, nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 9 minutes or until edges are just light brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Margarine Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 98 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 7 mg chol.,
- 69 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet