- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper, extending edges over ends; set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/2 cup cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add milk and maple syrup all at once. Using a fork, stir just until dough forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes. If desired, place dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Roll or pat dough into a 14x10-inch rectangle. In a small bowl combine maple sugar and apple pie spice. Spread dough with 1/2 cup softened butter; sprinkle with the sugar-spice mixture. If desired, sprinkle with raisins. Starting from a long side, roll up into a spiral. Pinch seam to seal. Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 slices. Arrange slices, cut sides down, in prepared pan. Drizzle with the 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Using edges of parchment paper, lift from pan to a wire rack. Cool slightly. Drizzle with Maple Glaze.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and maple syrup. Stir in enough milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make a glaze of drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Maple-Swirl Biscuits )
- Per serving:
- 428 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 48 mg chol.,
- 555 mg sodium,
- 62 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 28 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet