Maple-Kissed Cream of Sweet Potato Soup with Bacon-Cheddar Crostini
- Scrub sweet potatoes; pat dry with paper towels. Prick potatoes with a fork. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 12 to 14 minutes or until tender, rearranging once. Cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop pulp into a blender or food processor. Add 1 cup of the broth. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Transfer pureed mixture to a medium saucepan. Stir in the remaining 2 cups broth and pumpkin pie spice. Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in yogurt and maple syrup.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. For crostini, in a small bowl combine cheese, mayonnaise, bacon, and green onion. Spread about 2 teaspoons of the mixture on each toasted baguette slice. Sprinkle with almonds. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat until mixture is hot and bubbly.
- To serve, ladle soup into serving bowls. Top with crostini.
Nutrition Facts (Maple-Kissed Cream of Sweet Potato Soup with Bacon-Cheddar Crostini)
- Per serving:
- 266 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 7 mg chol.,
- 727 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet