- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cool: 1 hr
- Bake: 55 mins 375°F
Maple-Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie
recipe Pastry for Deep-Dish Pie
15 ounce can pumpkin
cup pure maple syrup or maple-flavor syrup
teaspoon ground cinnamon
eggs, lightly beaten
recipe Maple Whipped Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare Pastry for Deep-Dish Pie. On a lightly floured surface, slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a 13-inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin; unroll into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge high to keep filling from bubbling over. Do not prick pastry.
- For filling, in a large bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs; beat lightly with a fork until combined. Gradually stir in milk until combined.
- Place pastry-lined pie plate on oven rack. Carefully pour filling into pastry shell. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake for 30 minutes; remove foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 to 2 hours. Serve cooled pie, or cover and chill until serving time. If desired, top with Maple Whipped Cream.
Pastry for Deep-Dish Pie
tablespoons cold water
- In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the flour mixture; toss gently with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat with additional cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all of the flour mixture is moistened. Shape into a ball.
Maple Whipped Cream
cup whipping cream
tablespoon pure maple syrup or maple-flavor syrup
- In a medium bowl combine whipping cream and maple syrup. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Nutrition Facts (Maple-Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie)
- Per serving:
- 276 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 82 mg chol.,
- 361 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 22 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet