Maple Brunch Cake with Apples and Cranberries
- Line a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Layer apple slices in the prepared cooker. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons maple syrup.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, chia seeds, baking soda, apple pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in brown sugar until combined. Beat in egg product and 1/4 cup maple syrup. Beat in half of the flour mixture until combined. Beat in yogurt. Beat in the remaining flour mixture until combined. Stir in dried cranberries. Spread batter over apples.
- Place a clean kitchen towel over top of cooker; cover with cooker lid. Cook on high-heat setting for 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. To ensure even cooking, carefully rotate crockery liner halfway through cooking, If possible.
- Turn off cooker. If possible, remove crockery liner from cooker. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove lid and towel.
- To unmold cake, place a large plate over the crockery liner or slow cooker. Using hot pads, carefully invert crockery liner or cooker onto plate (do not lift by the edges of the disposable liner). Remove disposable liner. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts (Maple Brunch Cake with Apples and Cranberries)
- Per serving:
- 238 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 14 mg chol.,
- 249 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 23 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet