Upload your photo here.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8x1 1/2-inch round cake pan; set aside. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add granulated sugar; beat until combined. Beat 2 minutes more. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately add flour mixture and 3/4 cup of the mango juice; beat on low after each addition just until combined. Stir in shredded carrot. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Place remaining 1/2 cup mango juice blend in a small saucepan; bring to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat; cool. Frost top of one cake layer with Cream Cheese Frosting. Top with remaining cake layer; frost as desired. Drizzle with reduced juice; top with carrot ribbons.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
From the Test Kitchen
* Carrot Ribbons
Use a vegetable peeler to thinly slice carrots lengthwise. Place in a bowl of ice water for at least 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper toweling.
For a Three Layer Cake:
Increase the batter by 1/2 to make a three-layer cake using the following amounts: 3 cups flour, 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 3/4 cup butter, 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 3 eggs, 1 1/2 cup mango juice (using 1 cup in the cake and 1/2 cup for the topper) and 4 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots. Divide the batter into three 8x1-1/2 inch pans and bake as directed. Double the frosting recipe in order to frost the top and sides of the cake.
Nutrition Facts (Mango-Carrot Cake)
- Per serving:
- 506 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 82 mg chol.,
- 418 mg sodium,
- 81 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 61 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet