Mama's Spicy Meatballs
Nonstick cooking spray
cup chili sauce
cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
tablespoons finely chopped onion
tablespoon grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
tablespoon finely chopped, drained pepperoncini salad pepper
teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
pound extra-lean ground pork
recipe Fresh Tomato Sauce
cups hot cooked broken lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl combine chili sauce, bread crumbs, onion, cheese, pepperoncini pepper, and fennel seeds. Add pork. Mix well. Shape into 36 meatballs. Place in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Remove from oven; drain off fat.
- Add baked meatballs to warm Fresh Tomato Sauce; heat through. Serve over hot lasagna noodles.
Fresh Tomato Sauce
cup finely chopped onion (1 small)
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoon vegetable oil
cups peeled, seeded, and chopped roma tomatoes or one 28-ounce can whole peeled roma tomatoes, drained and chopped
cup dry red wine
teaspoons balsamic vinegar
teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, red wine, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts(Mama's Spicy Meatballs )
- Per serving:
- 304 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 45 mg chol.,
- 520 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 12 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet